The Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation is currently searching for a program manager to join our 5G program team, co-leading the “5G National Observatory” under the 5G Director. Another initiative of the 5G program is the one related to “5GBarcelona” whose aim is to transform the metropolitan area of Barcelona into a European reference innovation lab with an open experimental 5G infrastructure.
The 5G technology constitutes a new paradigm of wireless communications. 5G will also be the essential technological component in the digital transformation of society and economy in the most advanced countries during the next decade. The main enabling solutions for this digital transformation, the Internet of things and big data, robotics, virtual reality or ultra-high entertainment solutions, will be supported on 5G networks and services.
So, what is the 5G National Observatory about?
The 5G National Observatory contributes to knowledge sharing, allowing to align strategies “throughout and to” the national territory (Spain) with alignment with “National 5G Plan” of the Ministry of Energy, Tourism and Digital Agenda. The Observatory will have several activities related to the 5G topic:
- Development of 5G reports and studies
- Dynamization of 5G ecosystem (events, workshops, seminars, success stories) with corporations, telco carriers, networks equipment providers, R&D centers, start-ups, ICT companies and SMEs
- Communication and dissemination activities
- Training and education
Candidates must be extremely self-motivated, driven and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, fast in understanding, action-oriented, and tech lover. This is not your typical Program Manager role – but designed for top-tier talent who seek a consistent challenge.
- Contribution to the design of the observatory, initiatives, budgets, activities and follow up, participating in meetings with the Foundation’s leadership team to help establish the requirements of the observatory, prepare of proposals, and carry out research, analysis, and assessments.
- Follow-up of the planning and related-activities in terms of management (milestones, objectives, timing, etc.).
- Budget management, partner/resource/provider management, and reporting guarantee excellent quality in the deliverables related to the observatory (reports, online channels).
- Determining and clarifying strategic and operational problems via consultation.
- Identifying problems and seeking solutions.
- Be updated with the latest news, trends, etc. to identify key players, flagship 5Gbased pilots, and the top trends.
- Undertaking high-level research into the industry sector and markets, focusing on best practices worldwide (China, Finland, US, etc).
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data and insights from the industry to identify potential topics to go into.
- Compiling, creating and presenting information verbally, visually and in writing about the 5G National Observatory activities
- Undertake visits to the key stakeholders in the 5G Spain ecosystem including universities, associations, vendors, MNOs and public administration to gain commitment, and especially with other Observatories (ONTSI, BSC, etc).
- Build relationships and close deals with the 5G players in Spain (tech and nontech).
- Work closely with teams within Mobile World Capital from other program and corporate services to identify synergies.
- 5+ years of experience in project management positions: demonstrated success leading and executing innovative and multi-stakeholder projects.
- 5+ years of required experience in consultancy with analytical skills and excellent attention to detail. Business consulting experience preferable.
- Mobile/Telco and or R&D ecosystem knowledge with understanding about new technology trends and their impact on traditional businesses and the economy.
- Experience in knowledge management tools and processes.
- Innovative skills to drive new ways of work and knowledge transfer.
- High capacity for organization, planning, and management.
- A technical degree is a plus (telecommunications engineering or similar).
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable to interact with people at all levels.
- Communication and presentation skills to audiences gaining buy-in to your recommendations and insights.
- Team player with experience of working in a consultative and facilitative environment.
- Action-oriented and results driven, proactive and very able to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Have strategic mind and hands-on delivery required.
- Excellent in the productivity tools (PowerPoint, excel, word).
MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL BARCELONA
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative driving the mobile and digital transformation of society while helping improve people’s lives globally. With the support of the public and private sector throughout Barcelona, Catalonia, and Spain, MWCapital focuses on three areas: the digital empowerment; the digital and innovation through entrepreneurship. Have a look at our website! There is plenty of information available and updated on a daily basis!
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is Unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have different backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.