The Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation is currently searching for a Project Manager to join our 5G program team, under the “5GBarcelona” initiative.
The 5G technology constitutes a new paradigm of wireless communications. 5G will also be the essential technological component in the digital transformation of society and economy in the most advanced countries during the next decade. The main enabling solutions for this digital transformation, the Internet of things and big data, robotics, virtual reality or ultra-high entertainment solutions, will be supported on 5G networks and services.
So, what is the 5GBarcelona initiative about?
- 5GBarcelona is a public-private initiative working to transform the metropolitan area of Barcelona into an open city-wide lab for the validation and adoption of 5G technologies and applications in a real-life environment.
- The initiative is powered by the Regional Government of Catalonia, Barcelona City Hall, Mobile World Capital Barcelona, i2CAT, CTTC, Atos and the UPC.
- The initiative creates synergies within the ecosystem and offers an experimental infrastructure to test, prototype and implement new digital solutions in the city. 5GBarcelona wants to stimulate the existing innovation in Barcelona, help to attract foreign investment, boost tech start-ups and generate an entire industry around 5G technology.
5GBarcelona will have several activities related to the 5G topic:
- Create business opportunities.
- Foster the adoption and validation of 5G technologies.
- Knowledge and talent
Candidates must be extremely self-motivated, driven and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, fast in understanding, action-oriented, and tech lover. This is not your typical Project Manager role – but designed for top-tier talent who seek a consistent challenge.
- Build relationships and close deals with the 5G players in Spain (tech and non-tech).
- Coordinate research centers, vendors, technology suppliers, industry leaders, mobile network operators and other stakeholders in order to identify their needs and the assets required to define 5G-projects and deploy new technologies.
- Define the project scope, plan activities, prepare documentation and deliver solutions, guaranteeing an excellent quality.
- Look, find and structure complicities with the stakeholders needed for the projects’ success.
- Do the project management of the use cases or infrastructure (ie. Laboratories) development, follow-up the planning (milestones, objectives, timing, etc.), delivery and debrief steps.
- Budget management and funding model and resources.
- Organize project meetings and give presentations.
- Work closely with teams within Mobile World Capital Barcelona and from other programmes to identify synergies.
- Be updated of latest news, trends, etc. to identify key players, flagship 5G-projects, and the top trends.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data and insights from the industry to identify potential topics to go into.
We will be happy to provide you with more details during the interview so that you gain more understanding on the initiatives projects.
- 5+ years of experience in project management positions: demonstrated success leading and executing innovative and multi-stakeholder projects.
- 5+ years of required experience in consultancy with analytical skills and excellent attention to detail. Business consulting experience preferable.
- Mobile/Telco and or R&D ecosystem knowledge with understanding about new technology trends and their impact on traditional businesses and the economy.
- Experience in knowledge management tools and processes.
- Innovative skills to drive new ways of work and knowledge transfer.
- High capacity for organization, planning and management.
- Technical degree is a plus (telecommunications engineering or similar).
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable to interact with people at all levels.
- Communication and presentation skills to audiences gaining buy-in to your recommendations and insights.
- Team player with experience of working in a consultative and facilitative environment.
- Action-oriented and results driven, proactive and very able to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Have strategic mind and hands-on delivery required.
- Excellent in the productivity tools (PowerPoint, excel, word).
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.