An excellent professional opportunity as an Editor & Content Producer has become available at Mobile World Capital Barcelona. This role will be responsible for overseeing and editing all content produced by the Digital Future Society Think Tank, which is part of the Digital Future Society programme of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation.
The DFS Think Tank is a transnational initiative that is focused on the commissioning, curation and interconnection of research, knowledge-exchange & advocacy focused on the complex ethical, legal and inclusion challenges emerging from the design, usage, and governance of digital technologies. It operates from Barcelona with a global aim, specializing in four thematic areas, where society & technology meet. It offers a cross-sector approach, aiming to develop knowledge that can empower citizens to address the challenges and anticipate the opportunities unique to the digital age and digital economy.
As Editor & Content Producer, you will report to the Think Tank Director and be responsible for the Think Tank’s content output strategy. You will play a key role and support the setting up, development and growth of this new and ambitious Think Tank.
You will join a motivated team aiming to build a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future in the digital era, driven by and for citizens, through this exciting and unique new initiative.
- Define the content strategy – format and time of each output, audience development and positioning of the Think Tank in the international arena through its regular content output.
- Edit, design and oversee the delivery of all of the Think Tank’s content.
- Ensure that all content is designed to cater to its diverse audience – policy makers, public and private sectors, and civil society – and the previously designed content strategy.
- Support the Working Group Coordinators in order to assure the maximum quality of each of the eight reports, whitepaper and annual activity report that will be published each calendar year.
- Oversee & support the process of transforming the report’s content into easier-to-access formats, like visual brochures, videos, toolkits and so on. New formats that have been shown to increase engagement and quality of outreach will be welcomed.
- Responsible for the content regular creation and maintenance of the DFS blog & newsletter.
- Work closely with the communication & marketing teams of the DFS programme and the Mobile World Capital Barcelona.
- Master’s degree required, preferably in areas related to innovation, technology, sustainability, and citizen engagement.
- Great and inspirational writer, with extensive experience in content creation, editing, and development in English within the tech sector.
- Creative professional able to develop content adapted to specific audiences and in different formats that are both digital and printed.
- Experience in engaging with a wide range of partners and different levels of seniority from public administration, foundations, startups, and corporations.
- Experience and interest in digital technologies and the digital economy.
- International experience is essential, preferably both with the private and public sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in a logical and concise manner to external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work independently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to use a good range of computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications to share, retrieve, research and present information.
- Native English is a must. A good knowledge of Spanish and Catalan are desirable.
- Strong empathy and cultural sensibility.
- Great team player.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.
Method of Assessment
- Examples of previously created content and written material will be required.
- Competency-based interview with the Digital Future Society Programme Director and the Think Tank Director.
- Interview with HR
Interested? Apply on the form below or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL BARCELONA
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative driving the mobile and digital transformation of society while helping improve people’s lives globally.
Have a look at our website! There is plenty of information available and updated daily!
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have diverse backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!