Innovation Hub (IH) is a transformation and ecosystem program which has the mission to build a wide local innovation community, focused on connecting with international hubs and sharing knowledge and resources to leverage on synergies, with the main goal to empower the development of new digital services, strengthen competitiveness and boost economic growth while positioning Barcelona as a benchmark in the global innovation industry.
Innovation Hub unites corporations, regulators, infrastructures, tech & data vendors, professional services, tech centers, investors and entrepreneurs to empower the creation of successful digital services in the innovation sector through the collaboration on knowledge and resources.
Innovation Hub (IH) has several programs focused on vertical industries and each program contains five areas of action:
- Mindset change through experience-based training programmes
- Ecosystem connection through the development of an international innovation network and participating in leading events
- Innovation intelligence providing reports, trends, and information.
- Industry challenges identification
- Visibility and yearly meeting point in a B2B event
We are starting the programs and building the team around them, so we’re looking for a full-time talented Engagement Associate to help us achieve our goals!
Candidates must be extremely self-motivated, driven and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, fast in understanding, action-oriented, and tech lover.
- Build a strong network around Innovation Hub (IH) engaging with corporations, professional associations, entrepreneurs, technology centers, public agencies and infrastructures.
- Search, identify and connect with international innovation ecosystems in order to strengthen the IH’s position within strategic tech hubs.
- Providing weekly feedback on the ecosystem interactions with the IH and suggesting improvements, new activities and projects.
- Proactively generate relationships between members of the IH, developing and promoting a community culture.
- Monitoring and coordinating communication channels with the support of the MarCom department and providers.
- Offering startup and tech communities the different programs developed to boost their visibility, access to resources and connections.
- Organization of delegations/visits to international events and innovation centers/hubs
- Organization of local networking/community events.
- Attending tech/innovation events representing IH.
- Assist in the preparation of all the necessary reports to create proper attendance statistics.
We will be happy to provide you with more details during the interview so that you gain more understanding of the initiative’s projects.
- +2 years in PR, innovation communities or marketing and communication.
- Good experience and knowledge of the innovation/startup ecosystem and its network.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Spanish (both written and spoken).
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable to interact with people at all levels; team player.
- Strong organization skills to ensure that all tasks are completed within the appropriate deadline.
- Action oriented and results driven, very able to work autonomously, proactive.
- Demonstrated experience working for international PR accounts.
- Ability to work well with external partners and agencies in a collaborative and professional environment.
- Strong working knowledge of terms related to technology and current events of innovative industries.
- Computer literacy in datasheet processing, database management, and statistical view.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.
Method of Assessment
- Competency-based interview with the Head of Human Resources
- Interviews with Innovation Hub Director, Manager, and CEO.
Interested? Apply on the form below or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org