Innovation Hub (IH) is a transformation and ecosystem program which has the mission to build a wide local innovation community, focused on connecting with international hubs and sharing knowledge and resources to leverage on synergies, with the main goal to empower the development of new digital services, strengthen competitiveness and boost economic growth while positioning Barcelona as a benchmark in the global innovation industry.
Innovation Hub unites corporations, regulators, infrastructures, tech & data vendors, professional services, tech centers, investors and entrepreneurs to empower the creation of successful digital services in the innovation sector through the collaboration on knowledge and resources.
Innovation Hub (IH) has several programs focused on vertical industries and each program contains five areas of action:
- Mindset change through experience-based training programmes
- Ecosystem connection through the development of an international innovation network and participating in leading events
- Innovation intelligence providing reports, trends, and information.
- Industry challenges identification
- Visibility and yearly meeting point in a B2B event
We are starting the programs and building the team around them, so we’re looking for a full-time talented Innovation Manager to help us achieve our goals!
Candidates must be extremely self-motivated, driven and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, fast in understanding, action-oriented, and tech lover.
- Help to define the overall strategy and operational plan of the Innovation Hub (IH).
- Coordinate corporations, startups, research centers, technology suppliers, and other stakeholders in order to identify their needs and the assets required to define industry challenges.
- Create new strategies, projects and collaboration formats among the IH members. Identify good practices and pilots to develop them in the local ecosystem.
- Build a strong network around IH engaging with corporations, professional associations, entrepreneurs, technology centers, public agencies, and infrastructures.
- Be updated with the latest news to identify key players, success cases, and the top trends.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data and insights from the industry to identify potential topics to go into. Undertaking research into the industry sector and markets.
- Coordination of the knowledge generation of IH: reports, trends, articles, interviews, etc.
- Scout startups, technologies, and projects to match with IH challenges
- Proactively generate relationships between members of the IH, developing and promoting a community culture.
- Promote the open innovation paradigm and benefits to all IH members.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data and statistics.
We will be happy to provide you with more details during the interview so that you gain more understanding of the initiative’s projects.
- Open to any degree discipline but a degree which is either numerical or analytical in content can be an advantage. (In particular the following subjects: Business; economics; finance; mathematics, engineering or science).
- At least +5 years of professional experience in strategic consultancy/innovation/technology in a consulting firm or a Major organization.
- Good experience and knowledge of the innovation/startup ecosystem and its network.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Spanish (both written and spoken).
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable to interact with people at all levels; team player.
- Action oriented and results driven, very able to work autonomously, proactive.
- Strong analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business environments.
- Strong working knowledge of terms related to technology and current events of innovative industries.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.
Method of Assessment
- Competency-based interview with the Head of Human Resources
- Interviews with Innovation Hub Director, Manager, and CEO.
Interested? Apply on the form below or send CV to email@example.com