Head of Corporate Communications
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is offering an excellent career opportunity as Head of Corporate Communications in the Corporate Communications department.
What is MWCapital?
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative that drives the digital development of society and helps improve people’s lives globally. With public and private support, MWCapital focuses its activity in four areas/programs:
- Accelerating innovation through digital entrepreneurship (The Collider),
- The transformation of industry through digital technology (5G Barcelona),
- The growth of digital talent among new generations and professionals (Barcelona Digital Talent), and
- The reflection on the impact of technology on our society (Digital Future Society).
Collectively, our programs are positively transforming the economy and society.
We are looking for a person with an all-round profile; a strategic, transversal vision; and a communications background on which to boost the added value that the Marketing and Corporate Communications department must offer the foundation and our programs.
We are looking for a person used to managing complex projects and planning, orchestrating and executing marketing and communications projects with an umbrella brand (MWCapital) and four program brands (The Collider, DFS, 5GBarcelona, and BDT).
A clearly service-orientated person who will bring specialist expertise to the programs using our own resources (digital marketing, etc.) or agency resources (events, etc.).
Experience in the design and control of complex multi-year tenders and in monitoring supplier quality and performance indicators.
Objectives and responsibilities:
Responsible for driving initiatives that improve experience, optimize costs, and maximize impact across the programs (web frameworks, style guides, UX best practices, etc.).
Reporting to the director of the division and with a team of 3 people, they will be responsible for the tasks inherent in a Corporate Marcomms department:
- Communications and marketing objectives and strategy
- Audiences and segmentation
- Brand strategy
PR, institutional relations and communications
- Annual communications plan
- Press office and media relations
- Corporate channels
- External relations
- Support for the CEO
- Positioning in Madrid
- SEO and Paid Media
- CRM emailings
- Social Networks
- Analytics and reporting
Branding, corporate events and programs
- Graphic image
- Management of corporate events and programs
- Implementation of the MWCapital brand coexistence plan in all program brands
Experience and knowledge for the position:
- University degree in Journalism or Communications
- Specific training in Digital Marketing, corporate communications, events and protocols or Social Media
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar position with a special focus on communications and branding in digital environments, either in a company’s Marcomms Department or in an agency
- Proficiency in languages, especially English
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing, SEO, Social Networks, International Relations, UX, CRM, Webs
- Experience in managing and coordinating internal and external teams (orchestrating networking)
- Ability to manage and coordinate external suppliers (media, communications and events agencies, among others)
Competencies, skills and attitudes we expect:
The ideal profile to lead this project is someone who is authentic, who anticipates, who makes it easy, who shares, and who exceeds expectations with a series of associated skills such as:
- Sharing a vision and roadmap, designed together with the team and program managers of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation, accompanying and leading by example
- Organization and planning
- Project Management
- Proactive, methodical and decisive
- Initiative and transversality
- People- and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough, focusing on following procedures (compliance)
- Transparency and reporting
- Delegation of authority in the team
- Humble with a passion for what they do
What we offer you at MWCapital:
- Join an exciting Foundation project in a strategic sector
- Facing a challenge through marketing and communications with an umbrella brand and four programs with their own brand
- Full-time role
- Competitive fixed salary and bonuses based on KPIs
- Total compensation package with access to training, company benefits, flexibility, work from home and a good atmosphere
- Workforce of 50 people
Interviews with Talent & People, the Division Director, and the CEO
Are you in?
If you think you have the profile we are looking for and we are the company you are looking for, you can find more information about us at:
And send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org