Senior Technical Writer for European Projects
The Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation is currently searching for a European Project Technical Writer. You will support our European Projects Department in tasks regarding collaborative research and innovation projects, under the frame of Horizon 2020 initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a dynamic team working on diverse projects related to digital technologies. Therefore, you must be passionate about digital innovation and its role in the creation of new companies or the transformation it sparks in existing ones. This job offer is temporary (until June 2022) with the possibility to be extended.
We specifically encourage applications from individuals with:
- 1 year experience in successful proposal writing for public funding, such as H2020 proposals.
- Knowledge about digital transformation in the manufacturing sector, industry 4.0, IoT, 5G technologies and business development.
- A technical background is valuable or a strong understanding of both digital technologies and production processes.
- Passionate about technological advancements and enjoy organizing and participating in dissemination events and congresses.
- Knowledge of project management standards and methodologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand new technologies, their functions and their value proposition, and effectively communicate them, both orally and in written format, to different types of stakeholders (managers, engineers, developers).
- Participate in proposal strategy development, concept design, writing, and review sessions throughout the life of the proposal
European Projects tasks:
- Maintain close contact with project management team/researchers through regular meetings and teleconferences. Cooperation with relevant representatives from funding bodies and corelated projects.
- Compilation of reporting information, drafting and editing of project reports. Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators.
- Represent MWCapital at events and project meetings (including project reviews).
- Support for events and conferences organization (e. during Mobile World Congress European-Wide events, networking events, etc.)
- Contribute to dissemination and communication activities, maximizing impact around Europe using a multitude of online and offline tools and channels.
- University degree in a technical field is preferred, but not a must. Such as: telecommunications, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or any other technical discipline.
- High English level: Excellent speaking, writing and editing skills.
- Comfortable handling complex topics and being able to express them in written format and oral presentation (high-skilled).
- Research, write and edit technical material for proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and work with both businesspeople and academics. Networking and engagement capabilities are a must.
- Familiar with Grant Agreements and Deliverables formats from Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe projects.
- To be result-oriented and focused on project delivery and its quality.
- The ideal candidate must be proactive, flexible and organised, with the energy to learn in a dynamic environment. A task owner, able to work as part of an international team and autonomously when necessary.
- Capability and experience in team working.
- Commitment to mission- and values-driven work environment.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects and deadlines and organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail is highly valued.
Valuable knowledge (not a must):
- Master in Scientific Communication will be valued.
- English and Spanish proficiency is a must. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage.