The Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation is currently searching a Civic Engagement Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the strategy for civic engagement around Digital Future Society (DFS) programme and develop a coherent Digital Future Society Community and brand culture.
So, what is the Digital Future Society Programme about?
DFS is a global programme that connects experts, policymakers, civic organizations and entrepreneurs in order to understand, address and engage with the ethical, legal and inclusion challenges and opportunities deriving from the digital transformation and technological development.
DFS is a think tank and co-creation programme rooted in the idea that together we can build a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future in the digital era, driven by citizens. Together, DFS will drive the scope and implementation of a new social contract on human digital rights.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to implementing a coherent DFS brand culture. Building a strong network around DFS engaging with policymakers, experts, professional and citizen associations, civic organizations and entrepreneurs.
- Support for developing and managing the DFS institutional and international relationships.
- Responsible for the design, development and deploy of a differentiated brand experience that identifies DFS with the following areas: knowledge, communication and connections.
- Contribute to the design of actions and collaboration proposals (scope, strategy, impact, stakeholders, budget, milestones, etc).
- Proactively generate relationships between members of the DFS, developing and promoting a community culture.
- Responsible for identifying new collaboration opportunities with individuals, companies and public institutions in Barcelona and Europe with a view to generating additional value and strengthening local and international relationships.
- Organization of local networking/community events.
- Support for managing daily operations and budget for DFS events, marketing and communications aligned with the Marketing and Operations Manager.
- Networks portfolio strategist during the implementation of Think Tank and Civic Lab activities and events.
- Contribute to the identification of key thought leaders and organisations working on the areas of each of the four themes of DFS and support their participation in any of the various DFS events.
- Work closely with the DFS Think Tank and Lab’s team to accomplish all the DFS programme goals.
Required skills and experience
- The ideal candidate has background on PR and project management (+4 years), in areas related to innovation, technology, sustainability and citizen engagement and is a self-starter with “make things happen” spirit.
- Great networker and relationship builder. Experience working with public institutions and experience in the digital social innovation are desirable but not essential.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a dynamic organization.
- Strong sense of project management and multi discipline coordination.
- Ability to work independently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a record of success and “delivering” in a complex, challenging environment with local and international stakeholders.
- An excellent level of English and Spanish is a must. A good knowledge Catalan is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Barcelonian and European ecosystem and initiatives in digital social innovation will also be considered an advantage.
- Strong empathy and cultural sensibility Great team player.
- Experience in organizing conferences and events.
- Experience in engaging with a wide range of partners and different levels of seniority from the academia, public administration, foundations, startups and corporations.
- Experience with and interest in digital technologies and the digital economy.
- Proven ability to use a good range of computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications to share, retrieve, research and present information.
Method of Assessment
- Competency-based interview with Human Resources
- Interviews with the DFS Director, the Director of Civic Engagement & Strategy and the CEO
If interested, apply by filling in the form below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org