A great professional opportunity as a Program Manager of the Digital Future Society Think Tank has become available at Mobile World Capital Barcelona. This is a temporary role to cover a maternity leave until October 2019. This role will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day activities of the Digital Future Society Think Tank, which is part of the Digital Future Society programme of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation.
The DFS Think Tank is a transnational initiative that is focused on the commissioning, curation and interconnection of research, knowledge-exchange & advocacy focused on the complex ethical, legal and inclusion challenges emerging from the design, usage and governance of digital technologies. It operates from Barcelona and it has a global aim, specializing in four thematic areas, where society & technology meet. It offers a cross-sector approach, aiming to develop knowledge that can empower policymakers, the private sector and citizens to address the challenges and anticipate the opportunities unique to the digital age and digital economy.
As a Programme Manager, you will report to the Digital Future Society Director and play a key role in supporting the development and growth of this new and ambitious Think Tank. You will also be responsible for the Think Tank team.
You will join a motivated team aiming to build a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future in the digital era, driven by and for citizens, through this exciting and unique new initiative.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Oversee that the Think Tank activities are aligned with what was agreed with the DFS Managing Board.
- Oversee the Think Tank budget and fulfilment of its operational & impact KPIs.
- Manage the Think Tank daily operations, resources and team.
- Support the Think Tank team in all planned activities – events, Working Groups, editorial production and so on.
- Report the Think Tank activities to its Managing Board and international partners as required.
- Assure that all Think Tank activities are executed at the highest level of quality and timeliness according to the 2019’s calendar.
- Oversee the development, design and delivery of all of the Think Tank’s content.
- Further develop the relationship with the international organizations that belong to the Future Open Council.
- Work smoothly with the other internal teams within Mobile World Capital Barcelona
Required skills and experience
- Master’s degree required, preferably in areas related to innovation, technology or sustainability.
- Experience with and interest in digital technologies and the digital economy.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Wide experience in project management, mostly with international stakeholders.
- Experience in operational roles – management of budget and related activities, following a clearly defined calendar, while assuring a great level of quality in delivery.
- Experience in engaging with a wide range of partners and different levels of seniority from public administration, foundations, startups and corporations.
- International experience is essential, preferably within both the private and public sectors.
- Proven experience in conflict & crisis management with strong negotiation skills and ability to find and generate consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in a logical and concise manner to external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work independently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with very tight timelines.
- Proven ability to use a good range of computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications to share, retrieve, research and present information.
- Excellent English is a must. A good knowledge of Spanish and Catalan are desirable.
- Strong empathy and cultural sensibility.
- Great team player.
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have diverse backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!
Mobile World Capital Barcelona can provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.
Method of Assessment
- Competency-based interview with the Digital Future Society Programme Director and the Head of the Digital Future Society Think Tank.
- Interview with HR Director.
¿Interested? Apply by filling in the form below or sending your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org