Digital Future Society (DFS) is a program backed by the Ministry of Economy and Business of Spain in collaboration with Mobile World Capital Barcelona that connects experts, policy makers, civic organizations, citizens and entrepreneurs with the mission of understanding and getting involved with the challenges and legal, humanistic, social and ethical opportunities for digital transformation.
The DFS mandate is rooted in the idea of reaching agreements to promote a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future in the digital age.
To this end, Digital Future Society will direct the scope and framework for an updated social contract: a new set of human rights for the digital era in four key areas. These areas are public innovation, trust and digital security, inclusion and citizen empowerment and equitable growth.
We carry it out through our Think Tank, a global initiative focused on orchestrating research that creates new knowledge about the challenges that arise from the design, use and governance of digital technologies. We have a Laboratory, an information exchange centre that identifies solutions to create prototypes and overcome social challenges, and finally, we have Events and Spaces to share knowledge, experiences and tools that inspire citizens to face current challenges and that favour public and private entities reach agreements in this field.
The role of the leader of this project should be a person accustomed to the management of complex projects, to the planning and orchestration of many agents while coordinating the human team in charge and with great communication skills to manage the relationship with Institutional organizations and other stakeholders close to this project such as the United Nations or the World Economic Forum.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Definition, planning and execution of the strategy and vision of the program
- Coordination, management and development of the human team
- Management of the agreement in coordination with the Ministry of Economy of Spain
- Implementation of a Digital Future Society brand culture. Building a strong network around DFS attracting policymakers, experts, professionals and civil associations and organizations.
- Management of allocated budget
- Project spokesperson
- Responsible for negotiation with external partners
What we look for in MWCapital
The ideal profile to lead this project is someone authentic, who anticipates, makes it easy, shares and exceeds expectations with a series of associated skills such as:
- Leadership (sharing vision and roadmap, designed with the team and the employers of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation, and accompanying and leading by example)
- Organization and planning
- Project management
- Empathy and sensitivity and culture of teamwork
- Management and coordination of teams, internal and external (orchestrating network work)
- Effective communication as a spokesperson
- Management by influence
- Orientation to people and results
- Language proficiency, especially English
- Negotiation techniques (diplomatic experience will be valued)
- Rigor, focused on following procedures (compliance)
- Delegation of authority in the team
Experience and knowledge
- Experience in complex, innovative project management, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in defining and executing plans, initiatives and public communication programs
- Knowledge of the trends of digital technologies and their impact on society both locally and globally.
- Experience in international exhibition projects
- Experience in management and coordination of teams, internal and external (orchestrating network work)
- Experience in developing and building networks. Experience in working with public institutions and developing and fostering relationships and collaborations.
- Experience in developing and fostering international relations at a high level with the public and private sector
Evaluation method in MWCapital:
- Interviews with Talent & People Department
- Interviews with the CEO
What we can offer you in MWCapital:
Mobile World Capital Barcelona (MWCapital) is an initiative that drives the digital development of society and helps improve the lives of people globally.
Together, our programs are positively transforming the economy, education and society.
We are a dynamic foundation with great opportunities, for those people are necessary to anticipate the needs and challenges posed by their activity. That they get excited about the project and know how to share and collaborate to achieve success.
If you want to know us a little better access here:
If you are interested and think your profile fits:
You can send your CV to email@example.com