The Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation is currently searching for a Digital Transformation Programme Manager to join our team!
We are thinking of someone with experience in business, digital transformation, consulting or technology events management with a proficiency level of English and proven leadership skills, having led teams of multidisciplinary profiles. These requirements are a must!
GoingDigital offers experience-based training programmes to give executives the mindset and tools necessary to drive digital transformation and innovation in line with strategic objectives. As well as being a standalone business unit offering programmes in diverse sectors (retail, travel, health, manufacturing), GoingDigital is a key area of the Barcelona Innovation Hub, which connects players in different industries to drive open innovation.
GoingDigital programmes are unique in the way in which they bring together speakers from different organizations, sectors and industries, from a neutral standpoint, to offer the best content, experiences and tools to drive change. As well as having a unique methodology for delivering knowledge, including conferences, real cases, roundtables and workshops, programmes are combined with guided tours in events such as the Mobile World Congress, the IoT Solutions World Congress, Healthio or 4YFN.
Being a successful programme of the Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation, with a solid experience delivering innovative experiences, we are looking for a full-time talented Digital Transformation Programme Manager to help us achieve our goals and continue to grow GoingDigital!
Candidates must be extremely driven, agile and feel comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. They must be action oriented, able to work in multidisciplinary teams and passionate about digital transformation and innovation.
- Defining GoingDigital’s strategy and responsible for the execution of its operating plan.
- Overseeing the creation of the marketing strategy to drive brand awareness and communicate GoingDigital’s mission and values.
- Leading a team of multidisciplinary profiles performing product definition, marketing, design, customer service and operations activities, both remotely and on-site.
- Coordinating the end-to-end process and team involved in the definition and execution of the programmes, identifying best practices and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Managing internal relationships with different departments and promoting the programme with internal and external stakeholders through regular reporting and sharing of results.
- Full P&L responsibility for GoingDigital, managing relationships and negotiations with vendors, ensuring control over costs and following transparent processes when selecting tenders.
- Creating experience-based mindset changing programmes, working together with partners to respond to their needs and offer the best combination of content to inspire executive to drive change in their organizations.
- Understanding of trends of the digital era, the opportunities for the creation of innovative business models and identifying key technologies (e.g. IoT, Big Data, AI, Blockchain) to achieve business objectives.
- Defining the content of GoingDigital programmes, identifying and attracting the most appropriate speakers to present relevant knowledge in an inspiring way.
- Speaker and host, leading roundtable debates with industry experts and presenting key takeaways.
- Developing and leading workshops and events to enable the “digital readiness” of leading companies and guiding them in the definition of strategic plans using digital transformation as a lever.
- Open to any university degree discipline but preference for studies in the areas of business, economics, finance, marketing, events management or digital.
- Master’s degree or MBA is not mandatory but preferred.
- At least +3 years of professional experience in a strategic, innovation or technology consulting firm.
- Experience working in different industries, sectors and corporations.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business environments.
- Understanding of digital transformation and innovation trends with knowledge of disruptive technologies (e.g. IoT, Big Data, AI, Blockchain) and their impact on society, the economy and business.
- Proven experience in leading teams of multidisciplinary profiles in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable to interact with people at all levels; team player.
- Excellent communications skills in Spanish, Catalan and English (both written and spoken).
- Action oriented and results driven, very able to work autonomously, proactive.
- Strong analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL BARCELONA
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative driving the mobile and digital transformation of society while helping improve people’s lives globally. With the support of the public and private sector throughout Barcelona, Catalonia, and Spain, MWCapital focuses on three areas: the digital empowerment; the digital and innovation through entrepreneurship. Have a look at our website! There is plenty of information available and updated on a daily basis!
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is Unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have different backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.