An excellent professional opportunity as an Editor of the Digital Future Society Think Tank has become available at Mobile World Capital Barcelona. This role will be responsible to overseeing and editing the content produced by the Digital Future Society Think Tank, which is part of the Digital Future Society programme of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation.
What’s Digital Future Society (DFS)
Digital Future Society (DFS) is a programme supported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation of the Government of Spain in collaboration with Mobile World Capital Barcelona that connects experts, policymakers, civic organizations and entrepreneurs with the mission of understanding and engaging with the legal and ethical challenges and opportunities of digital transformation.
The DFS Think Tank curates and commissions research on the challenges emerging from the design, use, and governance of technologies. Every year, it publishes reports at the nexus of tech and society.
What will you do as an Editor for DFS Think Tank
As Editor, you will report to the Head of Think Tank and play a key role in the strengthening and growth of the Think Tank. You must skilfully and tactfully balance the interests and objectives of the Think Tank and its intended audiences. Your role is to guide each piece through its various stages, from ideation/creation to publication. You will assure that all material produced is consistent and high level of quality and that its content, language and style suit its purpose and meet the needs of its audience.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the content strategy, format and timing of each output, audience development and positioning of the Think Tank in the international arena through its regular content output.
- Understand the larger publishing process within the Foundation and the roles and responsibilities of other content production team members so your work can complement that of the others.
- Ensure that Think Tank content strategy aligns with DFS programme content strategy.
- Ensure that all content is designed to cater for its diverse and international audience – policymakers, public/private sector leaders, academic/research community and civil society/third sector leaders.
- Support the Think Tank researchers and associated researchers in order to assure the maximum quality of our reports, whitepaper and annual activity report.
- Execute the editorial process to a very high level of quality and detail, by defining and applying appropriate editorial interventions for each piece and clearly communicating editorial decisions.
- Set and maintain a realistic editorial calendar and deadline schedule and do the appropriate following up with the author of each output.
- Understand and coordinate the design and production processes of the Think Tank content outputs, mostly in British English, but when necessary also in Spanish.
- Manage and coordinate providers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Plan & coordinate the process of transforming the report’s content into easier-to-access digital formats.
- Maintain the Think Tank style guide, content strategy and other editorial support documents and optimise existing processes whenever possible.
- Support the Head of Think Tank in redacting operational documents, PPTs for event appearances, etc.
- Support the Think Tank team and areas of the programme when necessary on activities related to working groups, strategic partnerships or events.
- Provide marketing, communication & PR support as needed with Think Tank related content, like reports’ online landing page or highlights document.
Required skills and experience:
- Native level of English and fluent Spanish level is mandatory.
- Strong writing skills, with at least 5 years’ experience in content creation, editing and development in English within the tech sector.
- At least 5 years of international experience is essential, preferably both with the private and public sectors.
- Master’s degree required, preferably in areas related to innovation, technology, sustainability or climate change, or social innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in a logical and concise manner to external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a high degree of flexibility, quality and accurac
Desirable skills and experience:
- Creative professional able to create and develop content adapted to specific audiences and in different formats that are both digital and printed.
- Experience in engaging with a wide range of partners and different levels of seniority from public administration, academia, foundations, startups and corporations.
- Ability to work independently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to use a good range of computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications and InDesign (desirable) and social media savvy.
- A good knowledge of Catalan is desirable.
- Strong empathy and cultural sensibility.
- Great team player.
Method of Assessment:
- Interview with HR Specialist
- Examples of previously created content and written material will be required.
- Competency-based interview with the Digital Future Society Programme Director and the Head of Think Tank
- Interview with HR Director
What we can offer you in MWCapital:
Mobile World Capital Barcelona (MWCapital) is an initiative that drives the digital development of society and helps improve the lives of people globally.
Together, our programs are positively transforming the economy, education and society.
We are a dynamic foundation with great opportunities, for those people are necessary to anticipate the needs and challenges posed by their activity. That they get excited about the project and know how to share and collaborate to achieve success.
If you want to know us a little better access here