The Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation is currently searching for a Marketing Executive to join the Digital Future Society (DFS) programme team and lead the marketing and communications, working closely with the Marketing Communications Manager and the DFS Civic Engagement Director in the execution of corporate communications and marketing strategy.
So, what is the Digital Future Society Programme about?
DFS is a global programme that connects experts, policymakers, civic organizations and entrepreneurs in order to understand, address and engage with the ethical, legal and inclusion challenges and opportunities deriving from the digital transformation and technological development.
DFS is a think tank and co-creation programme rooted in the idea that together we can build a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future in the digital era, driven by citizens. Together, DFS will drive the scope and implementation of a new social contract on human digital rights.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Design and execute the communication and marketing strategy for DFS initiative together with the MWCapital Marketing and Communications Manager and DFS Civic Engagement Director
- Collaborate closely with all the partners of DFS initiative in order to create a strong brand, ensure consistent messaging, create relevant content and build a clear, influential identity of DFS.
- Manage, developing, maintaining, and updating web content
- Coordinate and manage events, define content, organize seminars & coordinate speakers
- Lead the communication in all digital channels, create and coordinate social media strategy for DFS.
- Manage and maintain budgets for project and communications & marketing activities
- Coordinate with external agencies/providers to deliver all the activities and marketing materials
- Provide insightful analytic reports on all forms of digital marketing and website performance
Required skills and experience
You must be proactive, flexible and organised, with the energy to work in a dynamic environment.
- Degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field is a plus
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in an agency/in-house communications department
- Master in Corporate communications or any Marketing related field is a plus
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute communication and marketing plans
- Knowledge of the Barcelonian and European ecosystem and initiatives in digital social innovation will also be considered an advantage.
- Experience and interest in digital technologies and the digital economy.
- Organised and analytical mind-set
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish, Catalan will be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills: good writer and technologically savvy
- Action-oriented and results driven, very able to work autonomously and proactive
- Ability to work with team members to solve problems and drive results
- Very good knowledge of social media channels
- Working knowledge of WordPress will be a plus
- Any knowledge of design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) would be very useful
- Action-oriented and results driven, very able to work autonomously and proactive as part of an international team
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have diverse backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide appropriately motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a world-class work environment, access to all key decision makers in one of the largest and most progressive industries, and content to maintain a mind curious engaged.
Method of Assessment
- Competency-based interview with the Head of Human Resources.
- Interviews with DFS Director, and Marketing & Communications Manager and Director
¿Interested? Apply by filling in the form below or sending your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org