Mobile World Capital Foundation Barcelona Foundation promotes the mobile and digital transformation of society, with the aim of improving people’s lives. With public and private support in Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain, MWCapital works in three areas: acceleration of innovation through digital entrepreneurship; digital transformation of the industry; and training of new generations, professionals and citizens in the use of digital technologies. Our programs are positively transforming education, industry and the economy.
Barcelona Digital Talent
Barcelona is well known as one of the main technological cities of Europe. Part of this success is based on the proliferation of digitally based businesses, such as startups and innovation hubs, as well as the digitalization of companies in non-technological sectors.
This scenario has accelerated the demand for talent with digital skills (in areas such as programming, big data, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, blockchain, etc.), while the volume of digital professionals available in the market has not grown proportionally.
This gap in digital talent is one of the main challenges that Barcelona faces to strengthen its competitiveness as a technological hub. In this context, MWCB is promoting an initiative, alongside other relevant agents of the innovation ecosystem to position Barcelona as an outstanding city in the field of digital talent. The project, still in the launch phase, is based on the involvement of actors from the talent field (business associations, startups, ICT consultants, innovation hubs, universities, etc.) to identify the needs and gaps of digital talent and activate projects according to these needs: training, communication campaigns, map of demanded skills and training available, etc.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager who, depending on the Project Director, will be responsible for:
- Participate in the strategic design of the initiative and the projects and services to be developed within the framework of it.
- Contribute to grow the network and manage as a Key Account Manager the network of program partners, informing them about the services that can benefit them and involving them in activities such as work tables, etc.
- Coordinate the relationship with project partners within the framework of the different government bodies: advisory committee, executive committee, steering committee, …
- Coordinate the start-up of new services within the framework of the initiative, including the supervision of eventual suppliers.
- Evaluate the results and impact of the services deployed.
- Minimum 5-year experience in business consulting or similar companies and/or in business departments such as Project Manager or Key Account Manager.
- Experience in the digital sector
- Desirable knowledge of the digital skills training sector.
- Strategic mind and able to translate strategic planning into the deployment of actions
- Orientation action and results, very capable of working autonomously, proactively
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Capacity for management and coordination of suppliers
- High skills of verbal and written relationships
- Experience in coordinating work between internal and external teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with people at all levels
- Desirable experience in business development
- Domain of office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Action oriented and results driven, very able to work autonomously, proactive.
- Strong analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is Unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have different backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is able to provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all of the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.