An excellent professional opportunity as a Tech & Society Specialist has become available at Mobile World Capital Barcelona. This role will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the different working groups of the Digital Future Society Think Tank, which is part of the Digital Future Society programme of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation.
The DFS Think Tank is a transnational initiative that is focused on the commissioning, curation and interconnection of research, knowledge-exchange & advocacy focused on the complex ethical, legal and inclusion challenges emerging from the design, usage, and governance of digital technologies. It operates from Barcelona with a global aim, specialized in four thematic areas, where society & technology meet. It offers a cross-sector approach, aiming to develop knowledge that can empower citizens to address the challenges and anticipate the opportunities unique to the digital age and digital economy.
As Tech & Society Specialist, you will report to the Think Tank Director and be responsible for the smooth operation of each working group and the high-quality content that each one of them will need to produce. You will play a key role and support the setting up, development and growth of this new and ambitious Think Tank.
You will join a motivated team aiming to build a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future in the digital era, driven by and for citizens, through this exciting and unique new initiative.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Lead & coordinate all of the activities related to the setting up, coordination and operation of the Working Groups.
- Develop the guidelines and communication tools that the working groups use throughout their engagement work.
- Support the working groups’ organisations to assure a successful collaboration and participation, while developing a relationship of trust.
- Support the working group coordinators in order to assure the maximum quality of each of the eight reports, whitepaper and annual activity report that will be published each calendar year.
- Plan and assure the compliance of key objectives, timeline, individual responsibilities and agreed outputs throughout the work of each working group.
- Be updated about the WG theme and its current tendencies.
- Contribute to the identification of key thought leaders and organisations working on the areas of each of the four themes and support their incorporation in the Think Tank or participation in any of the various DFS events.
- Support and contribute to the research, development, and completion of the eight reports, whitepaper and report on annual activities that will be published during each calendar year.
- Work closely with Editor & Content Producer, the DFS Lab’s team and the rest of the DFS team responsible for events, communication and marketing activities.
Required skills and experience
- Master’s degree required, preferably in areas related to innovation, technology, sustainability and citizen engagement.
- Experience in organizing conferences, coordinating working groups or writing academic papers will be welcome.
- Experience in engaging with a wide range of partners and different levels of seniority from the academia, public administration, foundations, startups and corporations.
- Experience with and interest in digital technologies and the digital economy.
- International experience is essential, preferably both with the private and public sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in a logical and concise manner to external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work independently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Proven ability to use a good range of computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications to share, retrieve, research and present information.
- An excellent level of English and Spanish is a must. A good knowledge Catalan is desirable.
- Strong empathy and cultural sensibility.
- Great team player.
What about our people?
The DNA of our people is unique.
We are a team of young, result-oriented people who love technology and entrepreneurship.
Age is not a qualifier factor for sharing your passion. We all have diverse backgrounds of expertise and we enjoy working together as a single multi-disciplinary team, learning on a daily basis from our colleagues. We really don’t mind getting down to work on operational tasks to those which require a full strategy circle.
This is a unique opportunity and we are waiting for you!
Mobile World Capital Barcelona can provide suitably motivated candidates with a competitive salary along with a first class working environment, access to all the key decision makers in a one of the largest and most progressive industry, and the content to keep a curious mind engaged.
Method of Assessment
- Competency-based interview with the Digital Future Society Programme Director and the Think Tank Director.
- Interview with CEO
¿Interested? Apply by filling in the form below or sending your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org