Mobile World Capital Barcelona offers an excellent professional opportunity as Legal Manager in the Legal department, within the Corporate Services area.
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative that promotes the digital development of society and helps improve people’s lives globally. With public and private support, MWCapital focuses its activity on four areas / programs:
- The acceleration of innovation through digital entrepreneurship (The Collider),
- The transformation of the industry through digital technology (5G Barcelona),
- The growth of digital talent among the new generations and professionals (Barcelona Digital Talent), and
- Reflection on the impact of technology on our society (Digital Future Society).
Together, our programs are positively transforming the economy and society.
We are looking for a person with a generalist profile, with a strategic, transversal vision and, who has a background in commercial, corporate and public law on which to enhance the added value that the legal department must offer, ensuring and advising on all legal matters of the Foundation.
We need a person accustomed to managing complex projects, planning, orchestrating and executing agreements with public administration, tenders, tenders and networking with internal teams, public or private entities and suppliers.
Objectives and responsibilities:
Depending on the director of the area, he will be responsible for the tasks of a corporate legal department with the help of external professional offices, as an example some of the main functions will be:
- Resolution of general day-to-day legal queries.
- Management of public tenders
- Review and advice on reports of need (especially in solvency and award criteria) and preparation of procedural reports
- Legal support to the Purchasing department
Privacy and data protection:
- Preparation, adaptation and periodic review of privacy policies and cookies to the RGPD
- Supervise and adapt documents, agreements, conventions, contracts, clauses and policies to the current regulations on Data Protection (RGPD)
- Preparation of agendas and associated documentation of the governing bodies (Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, Delegate Committee and the Inter-administrative Committee of the event of exceptional public interest “Barcelona Mobile World Capital”)
- Coordinate the presentation of Responsible Declarations before the Protectorate of Foundations
- Coordinate the presentation to the public of resolutions adopted in the governing bodies (powers, capital increases, appointments, statutory modifications, etc.)
- Coordination meetings with the Deputy Secretary of the governing bodies for the preparation of the calls for meetings (agendas) and associated documentation, as well as resolution of doubts.
- Hold meetings of the Conduct Committee with external advisors and write the minutes of the meeting based on the information discussed.
- Ensure regulatory compliance (Compliance) in the organization
Transparency, reporting and auditing:
- Publication and maintenance of updated information on the website (institutional, legal and economic)
- Preparation of quarterly reporting for the Barcelona City Council (minor contracting, derivative contracting and general contracting)
- Preparation of internal reporting for the Transparency Portal (minor contracting, tenders and agreements)
- Preparation of documentation in order to respond to eventual audits of the Barcelona City
Council or Intervention of the City Council
Collaboration agreements, grants and other agreements:
- Design, preparation and review of all types of collaboration agreements (with or without financial content) and partnership agreements
- Preparation of donation contracts and business collaboration agreements
- Coordinate the request for grants, as well as their justifications, in coordination with the financial and HR department
- Preparation and review of partner agreements, term sheets and legal documents of investee companies
- Write addenda to participating loans formalized by the subsidiary with its investees
- Coordination with external lawyers to design complex commercial operations (Law of Science)
- Coordinate external lawyers and attorneys in litigation that require legal defense
Experience and knowledge for the position:
- Law degree.
- Master or postgraduate training preferably in Legal Advice for companies.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a similar position
- Knowledge of commercial, corporate, compliance, GDPR and public law
- Accustomed to reporting.
- Level of bilingual Catalan.
- Level of legal English C1 (Advanced)
- Previous experience in the public or government sector will be highly valued.
Competencies, skills and attitudes that we expect:
The ideal profile to lead this project is someone authentic, who anticipates, makes it easy, shares and exceeds expectations with a series of associated skills such as:
- Ability to lead a legal department
- Organization and planning
- Complex project management
- Proactive, methodical and decisive
- Initiative and transversality
- People and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Transparency and reporting
- Humility and that he is passionate about what he does
What we offer you at MWCapital:
- Join an exciting Foundation project and in a strategic sector
- Face a challenge and set up the legal department to suit you
- Full time
- Competitive fixed salary and bonus based on KPIs
- Total compensation package with access to training, social benefits, flexibility, home office and a good environment
- Staff of 50 people
Evaluation method: Interviews with Talent & People, the area director and the CEO
Wanna join? If you think you are the profile we are looking for and we are the company you are looking for, you can find more information about us at: