- 10 startups from countries such as Israel, the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom will compete in the semi-finals on Tuesday 27 February
- The winner will be announced at the final on Wednesday 28 and will receive an exclusive 4YFN Barcelona 2019 exhibition booth among other prizes
Barcelona, 6 February 2018.- The 4YFN Awards 2018, the mobile startup competition that will be held at 4YFN Barcelona, are searching for the most disruptive project during this year’s edition and have already selected 10 startup finalists from over 300 participants, spanning over 75 cities in 25 countries worldwide.
The format of this fifth edition of the 4YFN Awards in Barcelona is different to previous years: two semi-finals will be held on Tuesday 27 – one at 11:00 and one at 16:00 – each with five startups competing for a place in the final, which will take place on Wednesday 28. Esteban Redolfi, Programme Director of 4YFN, declared: “We have created awards that go beyond momentary recognition. Not only do we search for the most innovative startup, we also seek to generate opportunities for entrepreneurs to establish contacts with investors and put their projects through their paces in front of a live audience.”
4YFN will reward the winning startup with an exhibition space at 4YFN Barcelona 2019; 12 months’ free access to the Spaces Business clubs around the globe; an exclusive invitation to pitch at EBAN’s “scaleup of the month” webinar; an invitation to enter the SendGrid Accelerator programme; and a stay at Startup Embassy, an entrepreneurial residence in Palo Alto, at the heart of Silicon Valley in the USA, to support them as they grow. Additionally, over the three days of the 4YFN Barcelona event, the 10 finalists will have their own exhibition area, in the Awards Finalists Lounge, where they will come into direct contact with investors and representatives of large corporations.
4YFN Awards 2018: the 10 finalists
The 10 international startups that have been selected to take part in the semi-finals competition are:
- Boxmotions (Spain): a smart self-storage and warehouse service that manages the collection of customers’ belongings and uses a mobile app to allow them to be tracked by the user.
- Brokoli (Spain): a platform for managing insurance portfolios from mobile devices.
- BWOM (Spain): an e-health app created to empower women, giving them greater, personalised control over their health and allowing them to track their wellbeing.
- Cognifiber (Israel): a world-leading company in the field of scalable photonic computing.
- Combine (United Kingdom): a mobile app that connects multiple financial services, such as bank accounts, credit cards, investments and cryptocurrencies, using a single device
- Eccocar(Spain): a company that provides tailor-made car sharing solutions for businesses.
- IOMED (Spain): this company extracts and analyses unstructured healthcare data from medical files and stores it on AI-based databases for medical centres.
- Jerulida (Netherlands): the company that develops blockchain platforms NXT and ARDOR.
- Viisights (Israel): an intelligent video-analytics platform that uses unique deep learning and cognitive computing technology to provide security solutions for smart cities, businesses, infrastructures and public spaces.
- Zapiens (Spain): a knowledge management system that allows companies to create and share collective intelligence among large, geographically-dispersed teams.
In this year’s edition, 4YFN is introducing the Talent Corners, activities organised by large corporations such as InfoJobs to attract the strongest talent and help them to find new employment opportunities. Participants will be able to analyse their social media accounts and receive recommendations for improving their online profiles.