Mobile World Capital Barcelona offers an excellent professional opportunity as a Project Manager within the Digital Talent Programme.
What is MWCapital?
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative driving the digital advancement of society while helping improve people’s lives globally.
With the support of the public and private sector, MWCapital focuses on four areas: the acceleration of innovation through digital entrepreneurship (The Collider), the transformation of industries through digital technology (5G), the rise of digital talent among new generations and professionals (Digital Talent),, and the reflection on the impact of technology in our society (Digital Future Society)..
Collectively, our programmes are positively transforming the economy, education and society.
What is Barcelona Digital Talent?
Barcelona Digital Talent is a public-private alliance born in 2017 that aims to position Barcelona as a capital of digital talent. Large companies in the process of digital transformation, start-ups, technology providers or innovation hubs are looking for the same type of talent, that professional who has the knowledge to develop new technology. This lack of talent has a direct impact on the competitiveness that the Barcelona ecosystem can generate compared to other reference cities.
To reverse this situation, the program works on two main lines of action: the reorientation of professional profiles towards the digital sector and the recruitment of international talent. Both are aimed at attracting new talent in the short term. Likewise, the alliance contributes to weaving a network of companies linked to the need to attract new talent.
Some of the services or activities that are carried out are awareness campaigns, mentoring programs, awareness workshops, training of digital skills, scholarship campaign or speed dating activities, among others, as well as recruitment missions in other cities of the EU or connection of international students with companies in the digital sector in Barcelona.
Some of the services or activities carried out in the field of attracting international talent are: recruitment missions in other cities of the EU or connection of international students with companies in the digital sector in Barcelona.
Objective of the position and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Operations you will be responsible for:
- Implement services that help attract more professionals to the digital ecosystem of Barcelona.
- Detect and contribute to the design of new services that improve the conversion of new digital professionals.
- Ensure the correct implementation of each service, as well as resolution of day-to-day challenges.
- Coordinate the relationship and dialogue with other alliance partners in the framework of the different activities carried out.
- Collaborate with other departments of the Foundation, mainly with the marketing and communication department for the implementation and monitoring of the planned activities.
- Evaluate the results and impact of the services deployed based on the ratio of people who participate and propose improvements that help convert new talent.
- Maintain the relationship with all those suppliers necessary for the daily management of each project.
- Participate in the creation and design of new services alongside a young and enterprising team.
- Collaborate with new ideas to overcome challenges resulting from new disruptive processes.
- Expand the professional relationship with the main entities that make up the ecosystem of the digital sector in Barcelona.
- Learn project management methodologies that allow achieving the objectives set.
Experience and skills required:
What would we like to see in your CV?
- Minimum experience of 3 years
- Desirable in business consulting firms or similar.
- Desirable in small team start-ups developing multiple functions in different areas.
- Command of English, Spanish and Catalan, both verbal and written
- Experience in the digital sector either in a company or a training centre
- Have a strategic mind and be able to translate strategic planning into the deployment of actions.
- Orientation to action and results, very capable of working autonomously and proactively.
- Ability to manage and coordinate suppliers.
- High verbal and written relationship skills
- Experience in coordinating work between internal and external teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with people at all levels; team player and experienced in people management.
- Mastery of office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and similar)
- Valuable basic programming knowledge
- Desirable knowledge of the digital skills training sector
What we offer you at MWCapital
- Join an exciting project and in a strategic sector
- Full time and initial temporary contract
- Access to training, social benefits, flexibility, home office and a good environment
- Interviews with Talent & People and with programme’s director
If you want to enrol in this offer, send us your CV through our profile at Welcome to the Jungle. https://www.welcometothejungle.com/
MWCapital guarantees that both the selection processes and the people involved in them (both recruiters and project managers) will not discriminate against any application based on age, disability, ethnicity, marital status, gender, nationality, political ideology, race, religion or sexual orientation.