Latest update: 31 March 2021
Protecting your privacy means upholding our commitment to transparency in the use of your personal data. We would therefore like you to be aware of everything included in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which has been applicable since 25 May 2018.
The GDPR introduces changes to current data protection legislation with a view to strengthening protection mechanisms and giving individuals more control over their own personal data.
We wish to inform you about all the measures we will implement to ensure that your personal data are perfectly protected.
• Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPD).
• Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons (GDPR)
• Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and e-Commerce (LSSICE or LSSI).
1. WHO IS YOUR DATA CONTROLLER?
Owner: Fundació Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation” (hereinafter, “MWCapital”), registered in the Foundation’s Registry of the Generalitat de Catalunya, with number. 1.727.
Tax ID Certificate No. G-65760431
Address: Pl. Pau Vila 1, Sector 2C (Palau de Mar Building) Barcelona (08039)
Registry: Registered in the Registry of Companies of Barcelona, on 6 March 2015, Volume 44709, Folio 37, Sheet B 464130, Entry 1.
Data Protection Officer: Director of the Barcelona City Council’s Data Protection Office, whose address is Av. Diagonal 220, 4 floor (08018 Barcelona) and whose contact details may be found in the following link: https://atencioenlinia.ajuntament.barcelona.cat/fitxa/alta?cbDetall=4845&consulta=1&directo=1&i=c&origen=DELEGAT_PROTECCIO_TUTELA_DRETS
It is also possible to contact with the MWCapital Data Protection Referee through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a joint responsibility agreement between MWCapital and Barcelona Mobile Ventures, S.L. (hereinafter, mVenturesBcn) since there is a legal relationship between both parties that sometimes makes them jointly determine the objectives, purposes and means of treatment. This agreement increases your guarantees and the protection of your rights, since you can claim indistinctly from any of the parties.
2. WHAT TYPE OF DATA DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
The data we collect and process are merely for the purposes of identification. We do not collect specially protected data or those associated with special data categories.
3. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
The legal basis for processing your data is the consent you grant us when, for example:
• you send us a form with your contact details;
• you sign up for one of our initiatives;
• you attend, take part at or collaborate in one of our courses;
• you register for one of our events;
• you send us your curriculum vitae because you are interested in working for or collaborating with us;
• you simply subscribe to one of our newsletters;
• you download a document from our website.
4. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
At MWCapital we process your data for the following reasons:
• To communicate with you;
• To send you informative and/or commercial notifications by email about the activities, initiatives and programmes of both mVenturesBcn and MWCapital;
• To answer your questions, enquiries, suggestions and to send you opinion or satisfaction surveys;
• To offer you the best possible experience by analysing your data using small programs (or plugins);
• To manage your registration for, attendance at and signing up for the different events or courses promoted or organized by both mVenturesBcn and MWCapital;
• To evaluate and manage your requests or applications for employment and, where appropriate, undertake the necessary action for recruiting or hiring staff;
• To evaluate and manage any proposals you might send us in connection with different activities, initiatives, programmes and challenges of both mVenturesBcn and MWCapital;
• To analyse our websites’ visit metrics. To do so, we collect information from your visits by registering your device’s address or IP protocol. When you visit any of our web pages, your IP address is automatically stored for the purpose of collecting this information for purely statistical ends;
• To carry out tasks of segmentation. We may segment or elaborate profiles with a view to sending our notifications and programmes. Analysis of profiles will have no significant impact on user rights;
Although all of these purposes have a legal basis, we nonetheless still seek consent for all processing.
5. WHAT CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
For the purposes mentioned above, MWCapital processes the following categories of data:
• Identifying data: name, surname(s), postal address, email address, postcode, city, country and telephone number and, occasionally, position, company and sector of activity;
• Academic and professional data: training/qualifications, student record and professional experience, for recruitment processes or when you present your proposals as part of our programmes, challenges or initiatives;
• Traffic and location data: We can collect complementary information from visits to the website by registering your device’s address or IP protocol;
• Electronic communications metadata;
• Commercial information data;
• Economic, financial and banking data.
When you send us your data, you vouch that they are true, accurate, complete and up-to-date and assume responsibility for any direct or indirect damages that may arise as a result of breach of this obligation.
Should you send us data from third parties, you are required to have their consent and must inform them of the information contained in this clause, while exempting us from any liability that may arise. MWCapital may, however, carry out checks to
ascertain this circumstance and adopt, where appropriate, the corresponding due diligence measures in accordance with the data protection regulations.
6. WHAT PRINCIPLES DO WE APPLY TO THE DATA WE PROCESS?
To process your personal data, we apply the following principles, which fulfil the requirements of the GDPR:
• Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: We will always request your consent to process your personal data for any specific purpose that we will explain to you with full transparency beforehand.
• Data minimization: We will ask you only for the data strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they are required and they will always be the minimum possible.
• Storage limitation: The data will be kept for the time strictly necessary for the processing thereof. Depending on what these data are required for, we will inform you of how long they are to be kept for.
• Integrity and confidentiality: Your personal data will be processed in such a way as to ensure they are adequately secure and to guarantee confidentiality. mVenturesBcn takes the necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized access or misuse of data by third parties.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will keep your personal data for as long as it may be necessary for MWCapital to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations in the currently legally established limitation periods. MWCapital will periodically analyse the periods for which data are kept and automatically remove any data with obsolete or out-of-date information.
8. WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
You are informed that your data may be issued to mVenturesBcn so that it may send you informative and/or commercial notifications by email about its activities, initiatives or programmes, and manage your registration, attendance and signing up for the different events or courses that said entity may promote, organize or co-organize.
You are also informed that, as per current regulations or your contractual relationship with MWCapital, certain data may be issued to:
• Public authorities with jurisdiction in the sectors of activity of MWCapital and mVenturesBcn, when thus established by current legislation.
• The State Security Forces and Corps under the provisions of the Law.
• Other professionals in the law, when said notification is a legal requirement.
• Third parties who manage digital campaigns, on behalf of MWCapital and/or mVenturesBcn, in connection with your attendance at events or initiatives organized or co-organized by MWCapital and/or mVenturesBcn.
MWCapital and mVenturesBcn, moreover, use different tools for managing your data that are strictly necessary for the purposes of our digital communication. These tools, which are contracted from third parties and have their respective privacy conditions, are as follows:
1. Web platform:
– WordPress, a product of Automattic Inc., registered in the USA.
– Sharepoint, a product of Microsoft Inc., registered in the USA.
– Ninja Forms, a product of Saturday Drive, Inc., registered in the USA.
– Typeform, a product of Typeform, S.L., registered in Spain.
– Salesforce.org, a product of Salesforce System Spain, S.L., registered in Spain.
4. Email Marketing:
– Marketing Cloud, a product of Salesforce System Spain, S.L., registered in Spain.
– Mailchimp, a product of The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a, registered in the USA.
5. Events management:
– Eventbrite, a product of Eventbrite Inc., registered in the USA.
– Zoom, a product of Zoom Video Communications, Inc., registered in the USA.
– Vimeo, a product of Vimeo, Inc., registered in the USA.
– Microsoft 365, a product of Microsoft Inc., registered in the United States.
– Swapcard, a product of Swapcard Corporation SAS, registered in France.
6. Payment platforms:
– Stripe, a product of Stripe Inc., registered in the USA.
7. Web services:
– Label Hosting, a product of Label Group, S.L., registered in Spain.
8. Digital marketing campaigns:
– Facebook, a product of Facebook Inc., registered in the USA.
– Instagram, a product of Facebook Inc., registered in the USA.
– Google Ads, a product of Google Inc., registered in the USA.
– YouTube, a product of Google Inc., registered in the USA.
– Twitter, a product of Twitter Inc., registered in the USA.
– LinkedIn, a product of LinkedIn Corporation, registered in the USA.
9. User analytics and segmentation services:
– Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Audiences, all of which are products of Google Inc., registered in the USA.
9. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
You have the right to:
• Consult your personal data on MWCapital files (right of access);
• Modify your personal data when they are inaccurate (right of rectification);
• Request the deletion of your personal data (right to be forgotten);
• Request that your personal data not be processed (right to object);
• Limit the processing of your personal data in the following events:
– While the challenge to the accuracy of your data is being verified.
– When processing is lawful, but you object to the deletion of your data.
– When MWCapital does not need to process your data, but you require them to exercise or to defend your rights and legitimate interests.
– When you have objected to the processing of your data with a view to fulfilling a mission in the public interest or to satisfy a legitimate interest while verifying whether the legitimate reasons for processing prevail over your own.
• Receive, in electronic format, the personal data you have provided to us and those obtained from your contractual relationship with MWCapital, and to issue them to another entity (right of portability).
If you consider that we have not processed your data properly, you may contact the Data Protection Officer, which is the Director of the Barcelona City Council’s Data Protection Office, whose address is Av. Diagonal 220, 4 floor (08018 Barcelona) and whose contact details may be found in the following link: https://atencioenlinia.ajuntament.barcelona.cat/fitxa/alta?cbDetall=4845&consulta=1&directo=1&i=c&origen=DELEGAT_PROTECCIO_TUTELA_DRETS
It is also possible to contact with the MWCapital Data Protection Referee through the following e-mail address: email@example.com
If you consider that the processing of your data breaches the GDPR, you are also entitled to file a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge.
To exercise your rights, your application must be accompanied with a copy of your National ID Card or an equivalent document proving your identity.
You may also, at any time, withdraw your consent without affecting the request for processing, by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. DATA CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
At MWCapital we undertake to use and process users’ personal data while respecting their confidentiality and to avail of them in accordance with the purpose for which they were initially collected.
We also fulfil our commitment to storing them and therefore take all the necessary measures to prevent any loss, unauthorized processing or access or alteration thereto, as established in the applicable data protection regulations.
In addition, at MWCapital we will never share your personal data at all with anyone, unless required to do so by law or you issue us with your express consent.
MWCapital uses an SSL certificate, which is a security protocol that ensures the data you submit travel securely in code or encrypted format until they reach the location indicated.
Unfortunately, MWCapital is unable to guarantee 100% impregnability of Internet or, therefore, breach of data on account of fraudulent access by hackers and other third parties with malicious intent.
However, as soon as a security incident arises and MWCapital is aware of it, we will notify you, as appropriate, and will inform you fully with regard to the incident discovered at that time, or whenever you should require.
11. DATA ACCURACY AND VERACITY
You are solely responsible for the accuracy, veracity, validity and correctness of the data that you provide us and therefore exempt us from any liability in this regard and agree to keep them properly updated.
MWCapital reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to new legislation or case law, and to practice in industry.
13. SECURITY MEASURES
Your personal data will be processed by MWCapital under the strictest confidentiality, with the application of the respective technical and organizational security measures in accordance with current legislation.