Programme Marketing Coordinator
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is offering an excellent professional opportunity as the Portfolio Manager in our The Collider program.
What is MWCapital?
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative that drives the digital development of society and helps improve people’s lives globally. With public and private support, MWCapital focuses its activity in four areas/programs:
- Accelerating innovation through digital entrepreneurship (The Collider),
- The transformation of industry through digital technology (5G Barcelona),
- The growth of digital talent among new generations and professionals (Barcelona Digital Talent), and
- The reflection on the impact of technology on our society (Digital Future Society).
Collectively, our programs are positively transforming the economy and society.
What is The Collider?
The Collider, a program promoted by the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation, aims to connect scientific talent with entrepreneurial talent in order to create highly innovative technology-based startups that transform the results of scientific research from universities and research centers into marketable products or services.
Through the company Barcelona Mobile Ventures, SL (mVenturesBcn), the program follows a unique methodology in venture builder form and sets up 3 to 4 startups per edition and year.
As the Program Marketing Coordinator, you will report to the Program Director, and in coordination with the Foundation’s Corporate Communications Department, you will be responsible for the marketing and communications strategy and execution of the program.
Objectives and responsibilities:
- Design and execute the communications, content and marketing plans for The Collider program together with all areas of The Collider and MWCapital’s MarComms corporate team
- Increase brand awareness and position The Collider as a leading technology transfer methodology in Europe;
- Research and identify the best content territories, formats and channels for content delivery across audiences, people and topics that cater to key target audiences: corporations, investors, scientists, institutions and entrepreneurs.
- Work with agencies to create thoughtful and impactful content on The Collider’s channels (including multiple formats: publications, interviews, infotainment, videos or podcasts, among others).
- Responsible for writing text for publication and marketing copy for all facets of company communications: digital, product marketing, field marketing, blogs, web and more.
- Collaborate closely with all partners of The Collider initiative to create a solid brand, ensure consistent messaging, create relevant content and build a clear and influential The Collider identity.
- Social media content and SEO management to ensure content is optimized for use in specific channels. Drive communications across all digital channels, create and coordinate the social media strategy for The Collider.
- Be a “team player” with the entire Barcelona Mobile Ventures team, paying particular attention to:
- Definition of The Collider Challenge and scientific projects under negotiation;
- Responsible for the processes to attract talent and entrepreneurship;
- Making the entire portfolio visible by designing communications and marketing initiatives for the promotion and participation of investors.
- Getting scientists, corporations, entrepreneurs and/or investors engaged;
- Coordinate and manage events, define content, organize seminars and coordinate speakers.
- Coordinate with external agencies / vendors to deliver all marketing activities and materials.
- Manage and keep budgets for communications and marketing projects and activities.
- Analyze performance metrics and impacts and provide detailed analytics reports on all forms of digital marketing and website performance.
Experience and knowledge for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management, Communications, Marketing or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a MarComms department or agency.
- Master’s degree in Corporate Communications, Digital Marketing or related field a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute communications and marketing plans.
- Speaks English fluently (at least C1 level) in addition to Spanish.
- Have advanced knowledge of social media and WordPress.
- Knowledge of design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus.
- Experience in digital technologies and economy a plus.
Competencies, skills and attitudes we expect:
The ideal profile to lead this project is someone who is authentic, who anticipates, who makes it easy, who shares, and who exceeds expectations with a series of associated skills such as:
- Proactive leadership skills
- Organization and planning
- Complex project management and time management
- Proactive, methodical and decisive
- Initiative and transversality
- Teamwork, people and results orientation
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Rigor and analytical skills
- Transparency and reporting
- Humble with a passion for what they do
What we offer you at MWCapital:
- Join an exciting Foundation project in a strategic sector
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- International and friendly work environment.
- Opportunity to be at a crossroads for the scientific, corporate, investment and entrepreneurship ecosystems.
- Support the creation of companies with disruptive technologies from the best universities and research centers in Spain.
- Participate as staff at MWC, the most important international congress in the world of mobile technology and communications.
- Office in the Palau de Mar building, a historic building in the city of Barcelona, with excellent views and access to Tech Barcelona.
- Full-time role
- Competitive fixed salary and bonuses based on KPIs
- Total compensation package with access to training, company benefits, flexibility, work from home and a good atmosphere
- Workforce of 50 people
Interviews with Talent & People, the Program Director and the CEO
Are you in? If you think you have the profile we are looking for, send us your CV to email@example.com
You can find more information about us at: